Mon, 19 Nov 2012, 06:16 AM
2013 NHRA Pro Stock Motorcycle Engine Specifications
Courtesy of NHRA Communications
"NHRA spent countless hours speaking with the engine builders and manufacturers as well as the
race teams to come up with the final engine specifications for 2013," said Glen Gray, vice
president of technical operations, NHRA. "As a result, we believe NHRA fans are in store for some
exciting side-by-side racing in the Pro Stock Motorcycle category in 2013."
• V-twin design - up to 160 cid
• In-Line 4 cylinder type - up to 107 cid
• V-twin engine cylinder angle is 60 degrees. Maximum allowable cylinder angle from vertical
is 45 degrees.
• Maximum bore spacing is 98mm for In-Line. Maximum cylinder offset on V-twin is 1".
• All V-twin engines must use a push-rod, rocker arm design for the valve activation. Minimum
push-rod length is 8.0".
• All in-line 4 cylinder engines must use the overhead camshaft design.
• Maximum 2 valves per cylinder for all engines.
• The only exception is the Kawasaki engine. The Kawasaki engine is allowed maximum of 4
valves per cylinder.
• Variable cam timing devices, pneumatic actuation and finger followers are not permitted.
• Fuel injection permitted.
• Direct injection (into the combustion chamber) not permitted.
• All ECU systems must be NHRA accepted.
• Maximum one injector per cylinder.
• All ignition systems must be NHRA accepted.
• Aftermarket crank triggered, capacitive discharge (cd) ignition systems permitted.
• Magnetos are not permitted.
NHRA: 10 Most Recent Entries [ top ]
Aug 31- INDY - Todd Inserted into Traxxas Nitro Shootout Top Fuel Field in Place of Massey
Aug 31- INDY - Three-Time Top Fuel World Champion Larry Dixon has Four Decades of Memories
Aug 30- Khalid alBalooshi will drive Sandvik Coromant/Red Fuel Top Fuel dragster for DSR
Aug 28- Massey released from Don Schumacher Racing
Aug 28- INDY - Alexis DeJoria and Courtney Force Know Countdown to the Championship Spots on the Line
Aug 28- INDY TEST - Thursday Wrap Up
Aug 27- CHARLOTTE 2 - Mello Yello Countdown to the Championship Playoffs Round One Set
Aug 27- Jackson Lombardo Racing to Host Children from Hoosier Burn Camp at U.S. Nationals
Aug 27- INDY TEST - Wednesday Wrap Up
Aug 27- BRAINERD -- Through the Lens of Gary Nastase